Saturday 20 December 2014

Have RootsIreland search restrictions been removed?

I've been using the RootsIreland (www.rootsireland.ie) search today for some personal research, and it seems that some of the search restrictions that were imposed when it went to a subscription model recently have been lifted. I now seem to be able to do searches for children born to 2 parents without needing the child's name, and with a plus or minus year range of 10 years instead of 5. I've tweeted them to ask if they have indeed lifted the restrictions put in, but on today's work, it seems to be much more fit for purpose again. Will bring an update or response if I get one.

Chris

Stuck for a Christmas gift?! I have a series of genealogy books available in the UK, Australia and Canada, on Scottish, Irish and British based subject areas. Further details at http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html. Santa approves!

No comments:

Post a Comment