Monday 9 March 2015

Return to Ontario in September!

I'll be making my way back to Ontario in September for two separate events on the same weekend, which I am very much looking forward to!  On Friday 18th and Saturday 19th I'll be at a conference run by Toronto branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society (http://torontofamilyhistory.org/call-irish-2015/) - the plan at present being to do a Scottish pre-conference workshop on the Friday and to then speak at the main conference on the Saturday, which will look at Irish research, but particularly the patch of Ireland where I come from, Ulster, and the Ulster-Scots who settled there. I'll be looking at some of the genealogical resources for research there, but also speaking will be Dr William Rouslton from the Ulster Historical Foundation and other speakers to be confirmed. It should be a great event, and it will be good to catch up with the good folks of the Toronto Branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society there, who will be hosting it.

It will then be a case of no rest for the wicked, as I will be making straight for Ottawa later on the Saturday evening  to attend the BIFHSGO conference on Sunday 20th (www.bifhsgo.ca/cpage.php?pt=167), where I will be giving three talks based on Scottish genealogical resources. This is in fact a three day event, with many other speakers including Janet Few, Thomas MacEntee and many speakers from the Ontario area in attendance, I'll simply be attending on the last day, but packing in as much as I can!

The programmes for each event are still being put together, so this is a simple heads up announcement - I've spoken to both groups before, and am very much looking forward to returning to Canada in a few months time. Hopefully I'll see you there!

Chris

For details on my range of genealogy guide books please visit http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html. To commission me for genealogical research, please visit my research site at www.scotlandsgreateststory.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment